Google Joins the Internet Browser Wars!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Google Joins the Internet Browser Wars!

Post by Admin on Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:01 am

After using IE for so long since mid 90s, Netscape for awhile way way back and recently tried the new version of Firefox.. here comes Google's latest weapon that is hoping to conquer your typical, old and copycat browsers in the near future.

Google is now launching their own web browser called Google Chrome. The browser is still in Beta stage. 'Di ko pa rin na try na idownload but it intrigues me, maybe soon enough curiosity will eventually lead me to the "download it now" link. But for now i'm sticking with my classic, typical web browser (guess what the browser that I'm currently using will officially launch version 8 very soon hehehe). But pretty soon, I would also try Google Chrome so that I could compare and experience the difference.

Here's some tidbits about Google Chrome:

Google Chrome is a browser that combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer, and easier.

One box for everything
Type in the address bar and get suggestions for both search and web pages.

Thumbnails of your top sites
Access your favorite pages instantly with lightning speed from any new tab.

Shortcuts for your apps
Get desktop shortcuts to launch your favorite web applications.

For more info, continuing reading and exploring Google Chrome @ http://www.google.com/chrome

By the way, the browser is only available for Windows users (for now) so sorry to Linux or Mac addicts.

And last but not the least... this month of September, Google is celebrating their 10th anniversary but the exact date of Google's birthday varies, so there's no definite birth date for this popular company. I just hope they do something nice, special and interesting like a contest with tons of prices for their loyal clients like me Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2008-01-10

View user profile http://slcnwebs.5forum.info

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top